Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What We're Reading Wednesday: Akiko and the Intergalactic Zoo

 It's Wednesday again, and now it's time to choose a book for WWRW. I know what your thinking, "Why don't you choose a book before today?" and yes, I'm supposed to, but I don't. Logic.  Well anyway, after amounts of searching, I found a library book called "Akiko and the Intergalactic Zoo." I know, it sounds like one of those books about a handsome thirteen year old boy who's humble and unrealistic, and, coincidentally, he has a girl sidekick who has a crush on him. Sound familiar?

 Well THIS book's not. This is actually the fifth book in the series, and earlier she goes on a mission to rescue the prince of planet Smoo. Anyway, it's about a girl in fifth grade (yes fifth grade! No teeny teen gal nonsense) who, after all the stress of rescuing a prince gets to go on vacation to the Intergalactic Zoo. Of course, it's definitely non realistic, but that's my kinda thing. I already have enough of realistic things, so I love to bury myself into fantasy books. I don't want to give it away, (who am I kidding you're all grownups, you're never going to read it!) but the vacation turns to an adventure, with surprises everywhere , but it doesn't go over-the-top. So I think this book is really good, and recommend it to every kid of ages 8 - 12. (yes, it's that good!I've been reading it since I was eight, and still am!)



http://www.housewifespice.com/2014/02/wwrw-teaching-in-your-tiara.html

No comments:

Post a Comment